Sunday, August 9, 2009

Welcome to my blog!

OK, boys and girls, welcome to BobThePizzaBoy's brand new blog. I'm BobThePizzaBoy, a now 17-year old high school student in the depths of Westchester County, New York. You can call me BobThePizzaBoy or John, either or is fine but I don't really want to post too much about my personal life, I will however tell you about some of the things I will do for this blog. Everyone has their niches and your about to see mine:

1. Jim Henson is my mentor. I love the Muppets, Sesame Street, Fraggles, Dark Crystal, the list goes on. This lifelong love for Henson has also brought about a hobby in the puppetry arts, which I have perfected during 76% of my thirteen years of public schooling. As we progress further into 2010, I'm hoping to have funny puppetry-related stories (I have one that I'm holding off until exactly two years after the night it happened. March 6, 2010 you can expect some major lols, trust me...) and some less funny stories (I'm contemplating writing a series on the rise and fall of Puppetry Club, more on that if people really want to read it). Moreover, whenever a new Muppet product comes out, be it a special or movie or stuffed animal even, expect a critique from me on it.

2. I have always had a strong interest in the animation industry. In my youth, I went through a Nicktoon stage, a Pokemon stage, a One Saturday Morning stage and a VeggieTales stage. As I got older, I got very interested in Looney Tunes and other older classic animation and then The Simpsons. Actually, I wanted to be an animator as a youngster before going into puppetry but I've always been fasinated by the work of animation greats like Bob Clampett, Tex Avery, Chuck Jones, Bill Hanna and Joe Barbera and then more modern animators like the folks at Pixar, Aardman and Hayao Miyazaki. Expect critiques on current animated movies and random thoughts on other cartoons in the future... my next post after this will actually be on an upcoming live-action treatment of one of my favorite cartoons.

3. Random stories from my personal life will be a staple of this blog. I have plenty of humorous stories to tell that don't have anything to do with puppets or cartoons. I'm involved with high school theater and backstage it really is a jungle, random stories about friends, funny observations on life itself, my ever-changing crushes, the 3/6/10 story (mark your calendars NOW people!). To those who are involved in these stories, please note that FIRST NAMES WILL BE USED BUT LAST NAMES WILL NOT. These stories can be about anybody and everybody, nobody is safe but I do have a heart and will not directly indentify people.

Depedning on how this goes, there will be more or maybe less but I'm just here to provide my observations on the world and I don't really care who reads this. Have fun and enjoy, children!

No comments:

Post a Comment