Sunday, August 16, 2009

Muppets, Money and More Junk Around the House

Perhaps it's just me, but it seems so shocking that whenever stuff I want to get comes out, there's always more stuff surrounding it. This summer especially I went spending-crazy and I'm not even employed! Buying both cover variants of BOOM Studios' The Muppet Show Comic Book and Muppet Robin Hood take a lot of my bank account and buying the Looney Tunes and Tom & Jerry Hallmark ornaments by second-hand dealers on eBay killed my PayPal account and then there was that 2-disc DVD of Coraline that I went through hell to get and then buying UHF and Daffy Duck's Quackbusters off Amazon. I spent a ton of money over the summer so far and I'm taking a break... only to put more money toward more Muppet and animation stuff.

So September 22 brings the US release of the fourth Wallace & Gromit short A Matter of Loaf and Death, very exciting stuff. I assume "hey, this would be a good time for me to upgrade to DVDs of the first three shorts." Thankfully, a four-disc box set is coming out the same day with all four of them for a pretty decent price. No complaints.

A week later, we got the DVD release of last year's A Muppets Christmas: Letters to Santa. Might as well get it early so I can get better stuff for my birthday and Christmas. Not the best Muppet production, but I'm a completist I'll get some use out of it. A little bit more money to spend, but it's not too much trouble.

November then will come and gets crazy as hell. November 3 brings out the final season of Fraggle Rock finally out on it's own after a 364 day wait after that horrid complete series set and then the next week a triple hitter of Pixar's Up, a special Sesame Street 40th anniversary DVD and a coffee table book also commemorating Sesame Street's 40th anniversary. WOW.

Now, I know your wondering about why I'm complaining about spending so much money when it's my choice. Well, in actuallity, my birthday is in November and I'm expecting at least Up and the Sesame Street stuff and I'll probably hold off Wallace & Gromit till Christmas. But the thing is, as I mentioned in my introduction post, I'm a puppeteer trying to make ends meet to be able to acquire puppets. I'm targeting getting a custom-built monster puppet that will be at least $200. I have the money but I just want to have a certain amount before taking the plunge to getting a puppet, which is hard considering I'm unemployed and try to live off change and my bank account. But, considering how much I've spent over the year, it's just a pain to get the funds. I've been selling stuff on eBay with little avail but, damn, being a Muppet and animation fan is expensive work!

In better news, I'm going to see Ponyo with family friends on Tuesday and will try to see World's Greatest Dad (starring world's greatest comedian Robin Williams!) if it expands. Expect reviews for both. I will also begin "The Rise and Fall of Puppetry Club" series as my fifth post on this blog. So wait two posts and my tragic tale will begin to be told, because it has to for future generations who put together clubs at their school don't make the same mistakes I made.

No comments:

Post a Comment